PREPRESS GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Persona designs, implements and manages seamless multi-channel personalised business communication solutions for Irelands leading organisations.
Persona seeks a Prepress Graphic Designer in our Head Office in Dublin. He/She will possess excellent technical skills with production knowledge, be process driven and pride themselves on creating accurate and consistent plates for the presses we run. Show extreme attention to detail, the ability to manage multiple projects and meet aggressive timelines. Interacting well with other teams, both in and outside the department.
This candidate will be a great communicator, passionate about design and have refined analytical skills.
• 2-3 years of experience in design and prepress production
• Proficient understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS
• Ability to prioritize and take initiative
• Strong knowledge of the printing process (Lithographic, Digital and Inkjet technology), colour separations, templates, die lines and layout
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and meeting aggressive timelines
• Organized, strategic and focused approach to executing design concepts with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent proofing skills with an ability to read and apply math functions, including fractions, decimals and percentages
• Produce, correct, preflight and output files for lithographic and digital presses
• Maintain template consistency, accurate records of work performed and file quality for print media
• Ensure consistency of information, file structure and archiving
• Process driven with proven ability to help streamline processes for business growth
• Must be able to handle a number of design projects simultaneously and deliver work on time
• Work quickly and cross functionally, communicating and collaborating directly with the sales team and partners
• Resource for photo-retouching, including colour correcting, cropping, resizing, format conversion, background extension, etc
• Assist in planning and implementation of projects
• Collaborate with outside partners including, but not limited to, paper merchants, ink and chemical suppliers.
Full time – Mon/Friday 8am – 4.30pm
To apply for this position, please email your CV to: